Shopping at the Eaton Centre

I went shopping last week. While I was pretty successful at most stores, one store in particular was really disasterous. At this particular store, I tried on a pair of dress pants that were size 0. Not only was the length too long, but the rise was too. I told the sales associate that it didn't fit, but she looked at me and was like "what do you mean they don't fit? They're size 0!" The only pants at that store that DO fit are pants that are more casual, ones that stretch.

Banana Republic was successful, but only because I tried on a pair of black pants that were not as dressy. They were made of a stretchier material, which meant that I could make do with a size 0P, since 00P does not exist in Canadian stores. I also tried on a blue stretchy dress, but decided not to get it just yet. It may be something that I'll consider later on (providing that it's still there. They usually don't order too many extra smalls. Especially on sale.)

Another stop I went to was Reitmans. This very affordable Canadian mall chain doesn't usually work out very well for me when it comes to size availability. Very rarely do I see a small there (sizes range from S-XL for letter sizes and petite sizes start at size 2. Missy sizes are odd numbered and start at a 3.) I don't think they order too many. It's like the department stores. I often see great looking petite clothes from INC or Nine West, only to find that the smallest size on the rack is an 8 (when they carry 2s)! I did end up buying a top, which was great.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...