People unaware about certain petite celebs' heights?

I was at a dinner last night, and after a lengthy discussion on the pros and cons of blogs and social networking sites, brought up this blog and the main Shorty Stories site. I went on to say that while many larger celebs like Oprah, Queen Latifa and Jennifer Hudson have discussed their non-typically Hollywood sizes, no petite actress has ever talked extensively about their height. I was expecting the typical "well, height isn't seen as important as weight when it comes to Hollywood's definition of 'beauty'." But I didn't get that. Instead, the guy sitting next to me asked me this:

Are there any petite celebrities?

Whoa! Could NOT believe that. I went on to list quite a few, including Eva Longoria, Reese Witherspoon, Kylie Minogue, Alyssa Milano, etc...

And he thought that these ladies were all at least average height (he even thought that Alyssa was tall!).

The interesting (sad?) part is that he's not the only person out there who is unaware that petite celebs exist.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...